Saturday, November 14, 2009

Uncle Ho's Revenge

So, I've had Mao's revenge, Khan's revenge Uncle Ho's revenge as well
as similar chalenges in Cambodia and Thailand. Normally, I have no
problems like this when visiting strange lands. Finally, after having
to deal with a week or so of the trots I took the antibiotics I
brought along for just this purpose and all was well.

I've eaten so much weird stuff in so many places, there's no way I
could narrow it down. Last night would we a good example. We had this
tasty hot pot / korean BBQ. It came with raw pork and chicken. If
you've seen the way meat is handled here, that alone would give you
pause. Now the dicey bit. You use the same pair of chopsticks to pick
up the raw meat as you do to eat the rest of your food. Then there's
all the fresh veggies. A text book example of what your not supposed
to eat if you don't want to get sick. Well it was one of the best
meals I've had in Asia and I felt just fine and still do.

So it's worth some discomfort to have a cultural experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment