Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving?

I had no idea.  I just walked into an internet cafe to make some travel plans and someone mentioned it.  So happy Turkey Day!  I generally ignore the holiday season as much as is possible, I suppose it was a subconscious reason for the timing of my trip.  No turkey for me, i had a Northern Indian Thali, like a sampler platter, for lunch, but it was vegetarian.  Besides I haven't seen a turkey anywhere in Asia. 

Had a some interesting interactions with the locals today.  While I was in the Lloyd Botanical Gardens some middle school kids adopted me for an couple of hours. On the way out I happened to walk by some teenagers as they were singing happy birthday to one of their friends for his 18th, I joined in and the insisted I have some cake.  It was a very good day.  Though the internet kept going in and out as well as the power, so here I am still trying to get things done. 

I hope ya'll have fun with those turkeys, hams, lambs or whatever it is ya'll are eating today, oh and with your peoples as well.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mithra!

    I would like a vegeThali plate for thanks giving please. For some reason, they are cooking 36 pounds of turkey for nine of us, including me and Ben (10 months old).

    I think I will eat potatoes.

    Ghost gets here tomorrow. I'm more excited about that than Thanksgiving.

    Hope you're having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How refreshing; a vegetarian lunch in India on Thanksgiving...or in other words, a normal day. Bet the turkeys love ya :)

    ReplyDelete