Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Next Stop...Darjeeling

So, I made peace with Kolkata before I left, actually I wanted to stick around for a few more days but the die had been cast.

I took an overnight train, 11.5 hours, then hopped on the Darjeeling "Toy Train," a narrow gauge railway that winds it's way up the mountains using switchbacks and whatnot until 8 hours later, I arrived in Darjeeling.  The train will feel more at home in a childrens park, but it sure is fun to ride.  The Toy Train is hands down my favorite train trip of all time.  I didn't pick up a book once, it was so much fun.  So lets give a Holy Fucking Shit to the Darjeeling Toy Train!!!!

As you might have figured out, India and I are now on speaking terms.  I plan to be here for 4 or 5 nights and then head into Nepal, then  to Rajistan, it has a big desert so I kind of half to go.  Then to Mumbai and home.  Only 20 days left.

Normally I don't make plans in advance like this but the train system here sort or requires it as the tickets sell out early.

So, I'm digging India and life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment