Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Last Day in Asia

Grrrr, I'd intended to send this missive from the airport in Mumbai.
I'd read that they had free wifi hear as they do in many airports.
But, no. They have expensive wifi, that I can't buy because I don't
have a cell phone. That, in a nutshell, is India. Nothing is easy or
predictable.

So, I went on a tour of Asia's largest slum today. There's a small
company, Reality Tours, that gives tours of Dhivarty. It's got more
than a million people stuffed in it, has several industries including,
plastic recycling, aluminium recycling, soap making, plastic molding
and pottery to name few. It was one of the best things I've done on
the trip. They even make and export the plastic shredding machines. It
was pretty amazing to see how efficient the are with their space and
industries.

So here I sit at the airport at and about 26 hours from my writting
this, I'll be home.

I had lots of reasons for this trip. From recovering from work stress
to self discovery and adventure. At this point I'm not sure I can
articulate what I've gained from my journey. I'm sure that something
has changed, it's hard to travel like this and not be changed by it. I
suppose that all will be revealled. Or something.

Goodbye Asia!

No comments:

Post a Comment